Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Joys of a Smart Phone aka Flags of the World

Well, if a Luddite like myself has a Smart Phone, I guess they've really caught on!!!

I downloaded my first mp3 a few days ago.

And, I have to say, I've actually put my Data Contract and Mobile Web Browser to good use. Friday we had a feast as the culmination of the preK/K World Tour and the staff was setting up the tables for the foods from around the world, labeling all the dishes, and setting out flowers and little flags and things and the question came up, what does the flag of Morocco look like? We had a basket of flags but couldn't agree on which one was the Moroccan flag. And so I went online via my phone and looked it up! Groo-oo-vy. Then we had a mystery flag which I identified (it was the Republic of Congo) and I helped someone label the name of her Swedish dish with its correct spelling.

So, amazingly, I saved the day!

Flags of the World website (in alphabetical order, with thumbnails)

Here's a nice Flags of the World Montessori material:

No comments: