Sunday, March 22, 2020

Weekly Art Ideas from Ms. Anna

Hello Little Bluestem Families and Students,

I hope this finds you all well. In efforts to help support your home-based learning and supplement the many wonderful lessons I’m sure Ms. Renee has provided you, I have some art resources for you to share. First of all, please tell all your kiddos how much I miss seeing them every week. It’s one of the highlights of my week to get to spend 2 hours a day sharing and teaching them Art. However, my favorite part has become how much they have to share with me too. All of the students at Little Bluestem are open, creative and insightful. It’s a joy to work with minds that are free to explore.

So far this year, we have studied all but one Element of Art. We’ve practiced Line, Shape, Value, Texture, Color, and Form. The only element left is Space. What can you tell me about Space? How would you describe it? After you’ve thought about it, watch this YouTube link on Space. More lesson ideas follow as well. Can you draw a picture that shows space? If you try this, post a pic below. I’d love to see them!


Elements of Art: Space in a Landscape

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/96264510755482389/




A few more links for art project ideas…


Art Online Resources:


And, finally, one of my all-time favorite Children’s Art Books, Linnea in Monet’s Garden, is on video. You can view it for free on YouTube.


I close, wishing you all health and stress-free learning. Remember to have fun, engage, be helpful and be kind.

Ms. Anna

No comments: