Since we are focusing -- if at all possible -- on plants that are located near us and doing something interesting at the present moment, I'm going to organize these notes by month. (I'm in the temperate forest in the Northern Hemisphere, so it's early Autumn right now.) We have two Botany MLBs which we will keep out and available all year, in case a plant near us unexpectedly starts doing something interesting. They are tricky that way!
Our two MLBs are divided into two parts each, so four chapters in all:
MLB #1
Botany Basics
Tree Identification
MLB #2
Special Plants - Medicinal
Special Plants - Edible
I even got different MLBs (one with onion skin and one without... both green of course) so that it's easier for the children to tell them apart while we are adding in our information. I'm excited to see how the books come together!
Many thanks to Ms. Megan for the Botany books she's lending us this year:
Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants
by Bradford Angier
The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies: The Healing Power of Plant Medicine
by Nicole Apelian & Claude Davis
Manual of Woody Landscape Plants: Their Identification, Ornamental Characteristics, Culture, Propogation and Uses
by Micahel Dirr
Midwest Foraging: 115 Wild and Flavorful Edibles from Burdock to Wild Peach
by Lisa M. Rose
Special Forces Survival Guide: Wilderness Survival Skills from the World's Most Elite Military Units
by Chris McNab
Stalking the Wild Asparagus
by Euell Gibbons
A Weaver's Garden: Growing Plants for Natural Dyes and Fibers
by Rita Buchanan
This post contains affiliate links to materials I truly use for homeschooling. Qualifying purchases provide me with revenue. Thank you for your support!

Immersive Experience
No comments:
Post a Comment