Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Safari Surprise

This morning I gave Natalie the new Magic Cabin catalogue to look through and she showed me, to my surprise, a new Jungle Safari Playset -- perfect for my classroom display. I am setting up my gorilla bulletin board this week. Now, the Magic Cabin people want $59.95 for two giraffes, two elephants, two zebras, two gorillas, and two felt plants. Silks are extra. I only need the gorillas so I checked out another company who had Holtziger gorilla figures ($12.00 for mama, $8.75 for baby). But by the time I added in the $4.85 shipping, I was halfway to the Magic Cabin price and wasn't getting nearly enough stuff for my money. I have a list of MC Christmas presents to give, so I switched back to shopping from them and added the Jungle Safari Play Set to my cart. The 2 gorillas, 2 plants, and some green silks will go in my classroom and the remaining three animal pairs will be stocking stuffers for my three girls. I also considered, just for a minute, needle felting a gorilla mama/baby pair (see these adorable pictures from the Dian Fossey website) but I gave that idea up on the basis of time. If anyone does make a wool gorilla, though, I'd love to see!

No comments: