Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Toddler Prep

So here I am at 10 o'clock at night getting my basket of things ready for tomorrow's storytime. 6 colors/flavors of homemade play dough. My silks basket. Six felt finger puppets. Handouts. The Little Red Hen story. Suzanne's book of patterns and verses in case families want to see it or in case we decide to extend the story with a little verse about one of the animals.

I can't wait for tomorrow! I'm so excited about it.

In family news, Leah is worse (you can hear her whistling when she breathes, she's really laboring) and Rebecca now has a fever. I have to do the storytime tomorrow because the other woman who was going to do it with me is out of town -- her father is very sick. She is the friend I felted the angel for and I hope it is helping her! Anyway, it is all on me so I will pop up the library, entertain some toddlers, and then come back and be with my kids. They'll be with Grandma while I'm at the library. This weekend I had planned all kinds of fun activities but I think we'll just stay at home and rest. Natalie asked me tonight if we could make cookies tomorrow after she gets home from school; I think that's an excellent idea. And it will be nice to spend some special time with her. She's been left in the dust a little with her sisters being sick.

I updated my Infant & Toddler curriculum page on the website with my Toddler Notes: http://www.waldorfcurriculum.com/Curric/inftod.html, including the handout for tomorrow which features a simple bread recipe.

No comments: