Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Compass Worksheet PDF

The older students in our homeschool co-op are doing a Mapmaking block (this is a combination of grade 4 Local History & Geography and grade 8 World Geography). Here are two books I recommend for a Mapmaking block:


Charting the World: Geography and Maps from Cave Paintings to GPS

by Richard Panchyk



Mapping the World with Art

by Ellen Johnston McHenry

now available as a digital download at her website!


This block is mostly freehand map drawing using McHenry's book, but I also have lots of ideas for other map-related activities we can do. Yesterday I was looking up simple printable activities for practicing the directions on a compass rose. We ended up designing our own activity -- the Word Find Game -- but I wanted to keep track here of some of the resources I found.

Hint: If you're looking for a worksheet for something, put "PDF" in the search request. Here are some things that came up for "compass worksheet PDF":

I should also share that Hello Wood makes a beautiful Compass Rose Puzzle.

Today we also made a Floating Compass, a favorite activity! Next week we are going to move into using a compass and doing some orienteering.


This post contains affiliate links to materials I truly use for homeschooling. Qualifying purchases provide me with revenue. Thank you for your support!

No comments: