Sunday, August 12, 2007

Next Up: Mon Ange Dolls

The next thing on my mending pile is a beautiful doll made by Sharon Jennings of Mon Ange Dolls. She used to sell her dolls on eBay in addition to locally (in California) but now I believe she is only local. She also does dollmaking sessions at Rahima's conferences in California. (By the way, we have Waldorf dolls from three makers: Mon Ange, Over the Rainbow, and Bamboletta. Our Bamboletta doll has not needed any mending except sewing back on some hair -- where it was pulled out by my daughter. All three makers have excellent quality.) Our first three Waldorf dolls were from Sharon. I got them off of eBay. I was so excited to have real Waldorf dolls in my house! They've fared extremely well over the past three years. The only reason I have to do a repair on one doll is that Sharon felted a cashmere sweater to make her clothing and the cashmere is not holding up to wear and tear during playtime as well as pure wool felt does. So I looked through my stash of wool sweaters (gathered from the Salvation Army last winter) and found one with matching colors to the existing dress piece and it is currently in the washing machine on Hot, being felted, and I will cut out a new pair of pants and a new hat from it.

No comments: