Wednesday, August 15, 2007

UPS and Fed-Ex

Two men just came to my house, one after the other. The first brought my new Year Round Preschool Lesson Planner for Leah and Rebecca and the second brought gifts from Aunt Jenn for Natalie -- a new backpack and lunchbox!

I love this Teacher Created Resources lesson planner for preschool because, first of all, it's huge. It has space for an entire 12 month year, which is a boon for homeschoolers. And it has only two sections in each daily column, with a line in between which can be for before nap and after nap, or before snack and after snack, or however you end up dividing up your day. Or it can be child A and child B. There are columns for Monday through Friday and then one for Notes which can either be for notes or for writing down your weekend stuff. We have decided (assuming I'm doing school for the two younger kids this year and not getting a full-time job, which is up in the air) that the younger children will use the same school schedule as Natalie. Before we took holidays whenever we felt like it but I've heard that some homeschool families use the county school calendar as their school calendar, and that made sense to me. So we will all follow along with Natalie. That means the first day of Preschool for my two littlies this year is August 27th.

Natalie is pleased as punch about her new pink backpack with Natalie embroidered on it. I had her call Jenn to say thank you. And, Jenn, if you're reading this, I say Thank You too! :-)

No comments: