Monday, October 10, 2022

What Did Steiner Say About Self Directed Education?

Several years ago I started a Zoom group about Structured Word Inquiry in Waldorf Education.

A colleague and I worked on reading our way through what Rudolf Steiner had written about Language Arts instruction -- this is a lot -- to see what he said about spelling, in particular, and whether SWI was in any way antithetical to the Waldorf approach. Virginia and I then wrote the results of our inquiry up as an article and it was accepted for the Fall/Winter 2021, Volume 26 #2 issue of the Research Bulletin (published by the Research Institute for Waldorf Education). If you have a subscription to the Research Bulletin you received this issue in the mail; if you prefer to read it online, this issue will be available free as a PDF once the next issue goes to print.

The topic currently on my mind is What Did Steiner Say About Self Directed Education?

I have had two people contact me who want to study this more in-depth. One is located in Ireland and the other is located in Indonesia. If you are also interested in SDE and Waldorf Education, and you enjoy reading Steiner, please let me know and we can start researching this topic as a group!

No comments: